The Ruined Earth is a grim prediction of our future, a cruel, savage land punished by generations of Zombie Supremacy. The rule of law is luxury and civilization is a distant memory- amidst the squalor and ruins of our rusted-out strip malls and suburbs, might makes right.
- Secondhayven, AKA New Hayven, a tenacious settlement on the road to Old York that dares to welcome all travelers to it’s lands with a pugnacious grip on outdated egalitarian ideals of freedom and equality.
- Old York, the ruins of New York City now swarming and burgeoning with swarms of the rapacious undead.
- Point Usheront, a “town” located on the decks of a massive naval disaster.
- The Ironworks, a coalition of Midwestern Cities that have beaten back the undead menace through hard work, determination , and thousands and thousands of slaves.
- The Reach, a town built into the endless tangle of rusted skeletons of cars on a long highway into the Northern wilderness.
- Vegasia, the capital of the New West Coast- a relatively zombie-free desert oasis of intrigue and sin.
- The Plasticland, a massive island of garbage somewhere in the pacific rim, considered “safe” by the people of the mainland.
Still, even amidst the squalor and ruins, heroes find a way to stand up for the flagging light of humankind and push back against the inevitable tides of death.
“Enter Dystopia Rising. Kiss all of your happy spappy memories of your Tabletop Gaming of the past goodbye. This game is dark and foreboding. Zombies can be waiting around any corner to take a bite out of your jugular (or really whatever they can get their mouths on).” Jeremy Goodson @ Vagary.TV